Impatiens (Impatiens Glandulifera)
The Time Flower – From Impatience to Patience
- Are you impatient and irritable with others who seem to do things too slowly for you?
- Do you feel a sense of urgency in everything you do, always rushing to get through things?
- Do you prefer to work alone?
The blocked Impatiens energy is connected to time and being always in a kind of hurry, driven by: ‘Wasting no time’, ‘time is money’, ‘life is to short to waste’. If you are easily running out of patience, if it is difficult to stay calm, peaceful and tranquil with others or in situations, weather in your job or as a parent with your children, the Impatiens flower will help you to balance the energy. Other symptoms you might experience are:
- You’re mentally tense; you feel driven by time
- You expect everything to go quickly and smoothly
- You find it hard to wait for things to take their natural course; you want to finish everything quickly
- You talk, eat, and work faster than others
- People who work more slowly than you drive you crazy – you have no patience or diplomacy for them
- You cut off other people and finish their sentences before they can
- You don’t finish your own sentences
- You impatiently take things into your own hands
- You make rash decisions
- You prefer to work alone at your own pace
- You have a great desire for independence
- You easily flare up and are curt and brusque, though your anger passes just as quickly
- You bring an end to jobs that aren’t completely finished because you just want to get them done
As the name of the flower implies, this essence addresses the challenge to be in the flow of time. It is like you wanting to push the river; you are far ahead in your mind. This pattern of yours is calling for a transformation, to immerse fully into the Now, which will give you a new rich experience of the moment as well as a deeper connection with others.
The healing power of Impatiens will reconnect you with great empathy and an angelic patience. You will understand and tolerate the different temperaments and place the quickness of your mind‘s decision-making and intelligence into a patient, gentle and diplomatic way. You will be able to wait for things to take their natural course. You are one with the moment and with ease in time.
Empowering Statements of Impatiens are:
(The Encyclopedia of Bach Flower Therapy, Mechthild Scheffer)
- I have time
- I am patient
- I am relaxed